Lilly Pulitzer believes that, "Anything is possible with sunshine and a little pink." For good measure though, we might add a pineapple or two into the mix... Or maybe a whole lot of 'em.
As seen on Lemon Stripes, Julia Dzafic brings a little piece of paradise into her day-to-day with our best-selling Pineapple Earrings.
And for an extra taste of paradise, here's our favorite recipe for Pineapple Upside Down Cake from Sally's Baking Addiction. Enjoy!
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 can (20 oz) pineapple slices in juice, drained, juice reserved
- 1 jar (6 oz) maraschino cherries without stems, drained
- 1 box Betty Crocker Super Moist yellow cake mix
- Vegetable oil and eggs as called for on cake mix box
- Preheat oven to 350. In 13x9 inch pan, melt butter in oven. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over butter. Gently press pineapple slices on brown sugar. Gently press a cherry in center of each pineapple slice, and arrange remaining cherries around slices.
- Add enough water to reserved pineapple juice to measure 1 cup. Make cake batter as directed on box, substituting pineapple juice mixture for the water. Pour batter over pineapple and cherries.
- Bake 42 to 48 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately run knife around side of pan to loosen cake. Place heatproof serving plate upside down onto pan; turn plate and pan over. Leave pan over cake 5 minutes so brown sugar topping can drizzle over cake. Allow to cool & enjoy!